2008년 12월 3일 수요일

Have you ever experienced a predicted dream?

Has anyone ever suggested something abut your future that has actually come true? Did their comments influence you actions and the results that followed?
I’m the kind of person who dreams a lot, but forgets them once I wake up. So I don’t remember any “predicted” dreams that I’ve had. However, I do remember some days when I would realize later (after the predicted event happen) that my dream had predicted some parts of what had happened that day. Because my dreams randomly popped up later on, it didn’t influence my actions to make the dream come true.

Last year, I had to write a “dream journal” for psychology class. In that journal, I had to write down all my dreams for a week. Because I tend to forget my dreams right away, I made myself scribble down everything I remember in my dream as soon as I woke up. In class, we had to analyze theses dreams and predict what there are saying about my life or what’s to happen in my life. So I interpreted all my dreams. Surprisingly, some of the dream interpretations were true and were actually happening in my life during that time. So as a result, somewhat expected the remaining dream interpretations that “didn’t come true” to occur soon. And I think the expectation or interpretations did influence my actions. One of my dreams, according to the journal, was about me having a cooking contest with a world dictator (I know, very werid). This dream interpreted that I was going to be very competitive in some event in my life. Also, it told me that I was very stressed and somewhat too controlling that people are started to hate me. Well during that time, I was very stress and I did (and still do) have a controlling character. Then I realized that my sport games were starting next week (it was during the beginning of a sport season, I don’t remember which one…). Because of this, I thought I would do really well during the games; I got excited. During practice that day, I think I worked really hard. I don’t remember how I did during the games, but I do remember that I believed the dream interpretations and tried to make it come true, just like Macbeth and Lady Macbeth did.

댓글 없음: